There are quite a few error codes destiny 2, and the error code Plum is one of the worst. It’s not a normal network issue or any server issue on Bungie’s part, it’s usually reserved for either something particularly mundane or something more nasty.
There are also a few annoying reasons why the error code Plum might pop up. How you fix the problem depends on the cause. However, it can be difficult to find out what the cause is.
Fix Error Code Plum in Destiny 2
BattleEye conflicts or PC updates
According to the official Bungie help page, the Plum error code has two main causes.
- BattleEye: It is possible that BattleEye, the destiny 2 Kernel-Level Anti-Cheat has detected an issue with your computer that may violate Bungie’s Terms of Service.
- Update: It is also possible that your Windows or other PC services need to be updated.
Error Code Plum might end up on the side of the anti-cheat program, especially after a major game update. Some new code in there destiny 2 may not initially cooperate with BattlEye or vice versa. It could also be that BattlEye itself is having a brief run-up.
In the latter case, there’s nothing you can really do until the anti-cheat vendor posts an update on their site or otherwise fixes the issue.
If you know your PC is up to date with all drivers and other software, and you’re not using a program that would raise an anti-cheat flag, then something else is wrong.
Other possible fixes for error code Plum
- Disable any third party overlays like Nvidia Shadowplay, OBS, Discord or other similar software.
- Turn off other open programs that may be using or interacting with the Internet destiny 2.
- Uninstall and reinstall Destiny 2 to update BattleEye.
If the problem persists for more than an hour, go to the official Bungie Help Twitter accountbecause there is destiny 2‘s Support Engineers release important notes on error code breakouts that occur from time to time.
We hope this guide has been helpful to you in solving your Error Code Plum problems even if you just have to wait it out. Error codes are a frustrating and unfortunate part of a live game that’s always online destiny 2, and there is only a limited amount we can do to mitigate any problems that arise. For more information about the game, see our D2 guides hub has more.