The destiny 2 The experience for new players has never been particularly well done, with little instruction on where to go, what to do, or how to progress. Guardian Ranks is Bungie’s latest attempt at updating new New Lights incidence of light. If you’re here, you’re wondering what these new ranks are.
The system is pretty simple. Do activities to increase rank. But which activities and where? This guide answers all that and more, and includes all the requirements you need to meet in order to get in combat shape.
Other Destiny 2 Lightfall cover:
Destiny 2 Lightfall Guardian ranks explained
Image via Bungie
when you come in destiny 2two things are true.
- Either you are a new player with no Guardian rank
- Or you may come back after some time and have probably already completed some of the tasks required to increase Guardian rank.
The early Guardian ranks are easy enough to get through. Go to first travel screen left of your character screen. Here you can see your current rank and all the steps required to advance it to the next level.
Here are all the requirements for each rank up to six. We’ll update this guide as we unlock more.
All Destiny 2 Lightfall Guardian rank requirements listed
Requirements for rank 1 of the Warden
The moment you rise as a Guardian on the outskirts of the Cosmodrome, you have reached Guardian Rank 1.
Rank 2 requirements
Complete the A Guardian Rises quest line in the cosmodrome. Use Shaw Han as a resource and other Guardians in space to learn the basics of Destiny.
Rank 3 requirements
Image via Bungie
- Land on the planetoid of Nessus and learn about the Golden Age AI Failsafe.
- Land on the EDZ on Earth and meet Devrim Kay at the church tower in Trostland.
- Complete a patrol on Nessus. When you pull out your Ghost you will see diamond markers in the different zones. Activate one of them to start a patrol, a quick activity that rewards experience, Glimmer, and maybe some rare gear.
- Complete two Lost Sectors in the EDZ. You will see upside down U-shaped symbols on your map. These denote Lost Sector locations, mini-dungeons with enemies and a boss. The same symbol is near where you type them.
- Complete three public events in the EDZ. These are marked on the map by blue diamonds with a floral pattern on them. Where they perform will also be a rally flag, which will fill up your Super and keep your ammo full.
- Complete the First Contact mission on Neptune. The mission is from the incidence of light Campaign.
- Meet the target trader on Neptune. You will meet with them immediately after the end of first contact.
Rank 4 requirements
- Complete the “Light of Study” quest.
- Buy aspects and fragments by Ikora Rey. Aspects and Fragments extend your subclasses and can be equipped in the appropriate subclass screen.
- Complete a light subclass quest by Ikora Rey. These allow you to fully exploit the potential of your various subclasses.
- Meet Banshee-44 in the tower courtyard.
- Collect Glimmer. Mica is the base currency of the determination Universe.
- Collect legendary shards. You can earn these by dismantling legendary gear, at the end of Strikes and Vanguard Ops activities, and from many other sources.
- Collect Enhancement Cores by completing Gunsmith Bounties. You can buy these from Banshee-44 for a bit of Glimmer. Only the daily versions offer them, not the repeatables.
- Buy a weapon by Banshee-44. Banshee-44 always has a few weapons with random roles to choose from, and they change daily.
- Apply two shaders to your weapons or armor. You can apply Shaders in the Appearance sunscreen when inspecting your gear.
- Upgrade your Ghost and equip it with an Economic or Tracking mod. Go to your ghost menu and apply any mod in the middle two columns.
Rank 5 requirements
- Acquire the Riskrunner Exotic SMG by completing the quest Sparks of Hope. You should get Sparks of Hope as you progress through the New Light quest line.
- Complete the Riskrunner Catalyst quest you get from Banshee-44. Catalysts are powerful upgrades for your exotic weapons, many of which are behind difficult challenges and the long-term use of the weapons themselves.
- Complete a Vanguard Ops activity. These can be viewed in the Vanguard sunshade under the Objectives menu. Acquire four and complete two Vanguard bounties from Commander Zavala in the Tower.
- Deliver two commendations at the end of an activity. Commendations are a new way to give other Guardians recognition for a job well done, and you can display them at the end of each activity.
- Meet Lord Shaxx and the Drifter in the tower. Shaxx and Drifter oversee the Crucible and Gambit competitive playlists, respectively, and have their reward and reputation systems to suit them.
- Collect nine legendary purple weapons. Legendary weapons will drop much more frequently once you break the 1750 power soft cap.
- Collect 10 rare legendary purple armor pieces. Legendary armor drops follow the same rules as weapons.
Rank 6 requirements
Image via Bungie
- Apply mods to your head, chest, arm, and leg armor. You can do this while inspecting each piece of gear.
- Increase your armor power. Spend Enhancement Cores, Enhancement Prisms, and Ascendant Shards to increase energy.
- Master two weapons. This requires several thousand Glimmers, a few Legendary Shards, and 20 Enhancement Cores.
- Earn Enhancement Prisms. This can be done through Nightfall Strikes, Reputation, and Season Pass rewards, or purchase them from Master Rahool, the Cryptarch in the Tower.
- Increase your power to 1750. There are many ways to increase your power, but the best is to just play the game, infuse your best armor, or gear up with higher power until all your drops reach 1750.
- Complete two trader challenges. That is, the “Complete eight Vanguard Bounties” challenge from Zavala. Hover over a provider highlighted in light blue to view their challenge information.
- Talk to Saint-14 in the Tower to learn more about the Trials of Osiris.
If you follow all of these steps, you’re officially a veteran of destiny 2. Guardian Rank 7, Elite, demands a lot more from you. You’ll defeat champion-level opponents, use exotic weapons, complete higher-level activities, and more, so expect a longer grind than even the last six ranks combined.
And this is how you increase your Guardian ranks in Destiny 2 Lightfall. It’s quite a grind, but it’s also a much more detailed way of learning what you can do, how you can do it, and which activities reward what. And it’s also easier to know the requirements. Hopefully this guide was helpful too, and if you’re looking for more check out ours destiny 2 leads hub.
Featured image via Bungie.