Appreciation Patch 6.04 is live with lots of new content to discover. The patch brings bug fixes, performance updates, a new Battlepass, the new Ranked Act Episode 6 Act II “Revelation” and most importantly, a new Agent! The new agent is Gekko and he’s inspired by Los Angeles, California with lime green hair and skateboarding street style.
Gekko is an Initiator with interesting pet-based abilities. He has three plasma pets that come with a fresh take on Initiator abilities.
Dizzy (E): is his signature ability and acts as an information gathering tool and is blind. Dizzy flies through the air and explodes in a plasma explosion, blinding enemies. Once the time frame is up, she can be reclaimed to receive another Dizzy after the set cooldown.
Wingman (Q): gathers intel, concussions, and is even able to plant and defuse the spike. Wingman can place or defuse the spike by firing at the target. In order to plant the spike, Gekko must be equipped with it. You can reclaim Wingman after he returns to his original state and wait for the cooldown to use him again.
Mosh pit (C): Mosh Pit is thrown like a grenade or alternative fire for underhand throwing. Mosh creates a damage area and an explosion radius.
Strike (X): is his ultimate ability, you can lead Thrash through enemy territory once activated. Thrash leaps forward and explodes on impact, grounding nearby enemies. Similar to Gekko’s other abilities, Thrash can be regained, but only once.
In addition to an eye-catching new agent, Riot has once again graced us with the Oni Skin Set, and it’s a featured collection available for Vandal, Bulldog, Ares, Frenzy, and the new Onimaru Kunitsuna Melee. The collection is available for 7,100 Valorant Points, or around $70.
Valorant 6.04 patch notes
The patch notes were published on the official site.
- Updated thread synchronization to reduce input latency.
- Input latency has been improved by ~1 frame for players who meet all of the following criteria:
- You have unavailable/enabled NVIDIA Reflex/AMD Anti-Lag.
- You have enabled multithreaded rendering.
- You are using VSYNC.
- Fixed a bug where if damaged during fortification, Sage’s Barrier Orb would buff to full health instead of going to max health minus the damage dealt during fortification.
- Fixed a bug where abilities pushed into other players from the lotus doors, like the Sova Drone, could keep pushing players even after the door stopped or players left the door area.
- Fixed an issue where the game mode related UI would load deadly on game launch.
As Episode 6 Act II “Revelation” ushers in a new season, all ranks in Competitive Mode will be reset; Good thing we can’t wait to dive into this brand new season and try out gecko’s cute pet abilities.
Selected screenshot via Valorant’s YouTube channel