The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom The Stone Talus Boss can be found throughout Hyrule. Although they all have the same form and use the same basic attacks, I’ve found that the way you defeat them differs depending on who you’re fighting and the location. This difference is not due to new attacks. Instead, it’s just a minor design change. Here’s our guide to help you beat a Stone Talus boss Tears of the Kingdom.
How to defeat the stone talus boss in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
The best way to defeat this DeadK The stone talus boss is said to deal just as much blunt or explosive damage to the crystal on its back. You can also deal significantly less explosive damage to his body, but trying to use a standard weapon on his limbs or main body will do nothing.
The crystal you need to hit a stone talus boss isn’t in the same place every time. For example, two of the different fights I’ve fought proved challenging for different reasons.
- The stone talus in the crystal of the Deya Well is on its back.
- The one in Crenel Hills Cave is on top of the boss.
In the former case, I had to use jump and arrow attacks to deal consistent damage, or wait for the boss to stick one of his arms or head in the sand to deal good damage. For easier access to the crystals, simply climb onto the body of the talus, stand on it and whine.
In my experience, you also need either a two-handed heavy weapon – preferably one that deals blunt damage – to affect the Stone Talus Crystal. Small-bladed weapons, spears, and similar gear won’t do much at all. You also need to be aware of the few but powerful attacks, each dealing at least six hearts worth of damage.
TotK Stone Talus attacks
Here are all attacks a Tears of the Kingdom Stone Talus can do it.
- arm throw. The stone talus throws one of its arms at you. The boulder moves fast and has a large hitbox. So run to either side to avoid him.
- arm slap. If he has an arm, the talus slowly slams his arm into the ground. The shockwave slightly expands the hit zone of this attack. So either stay far enough away or behind the boss to avoid him.
- head bang. If you are directly in front of the stone talus, it will flinch and then slam the ground with its whole body. This attack staggers the talus for a few moments, giving you a chance to deal damage.
- half spin. The talus twists and rotates 180 degrees in front of him. Run around his legs to dodge this attack.
Once you defeat a stone talus boss, you can use it Stone Talus Heart. Although you may not know how to use it at first, it is an awesome item that can make your weapon much more powerful.
With that in mind, you should have fewer problems with the Stone Talus bosses Tears of the Kingdom. If you’re looking for more help, strategies, and walkthroughs, check out our guides how to ride dragons, how to defeat Lynelsand more inside our DeadK guides hub.