The Makasura Shrine in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has a somewhat tricky puzzle. It involves deploying Zonai Stabilizers on railings and turning them into catapults to reach new areas. Here is our guide to help you solve the Makasura Shrine puzzle Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
How to solve the Makasura Shrine puzzle in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
The Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom The Makasura Shrine is located in the West Necluda region, on a hill overlooking the village of Kakariko (actually, it’s the main fast travel point for the village itself). To reach this location, travel southeast from Lookout Landing, across the fields and rivers.
Once inside, you’ll notice an L-shaped structure that resembles some sort of railing, as well as a Zonai Stabilizer. For the first part, all you have to do is reposition it so you can climb up to the flat part. As for the second part, there are some specific tasks. I recommend performing these actions in the following order:
- Attach the railing to the stabilizer while it is upside down (i.e. the small part is sticking out at the top).
- Lean the railing against the barrier while it is upside down. This will allow you to use Ascend to enter the enclosure.
- Inside, you’ll also notice another L-shaped railing with some sort of bowl, plus a ball and another stabilizer.
- Don’t bother the ball for now, just lean the railing against the opposite wall. You should be able to climb up to get a Fairy Tonic from the chest.
- Next, disable the stabilizer so the railing falls to the ground. Then put the ball in the bowl. When you press down on the stabilizer to activate it, the railing acts like a catapult, hurling the ball over the barrier.
When the ball is in the bullseye target you should be able to proceed to the third and final area. There is another railing as well as a stabilizer. I suggest making sure the two are linked and that Link is on the key. Hit the object to activate it, sending Link flying high into the air. This will allow you to slide to the end.
That’s the end of it Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Makasura Shrine Puzzle. For more information about the game, visit our Zelda: DeadK guides hub.